Saturday, March 13, 2010

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

Led Zeppelin Houses of the Holy. I didn't add an album cover because technically that could be considered nudity and I don't want to get in trouble with Google.. so just Google it (the irony..).. its really not bad at all..


1 The song remains the same - 9/10 - Has a great riff, and solo. But not the strongest song on the album.

2 The Rain song - 9/10 - The intro. Slower then most of the other songs. Vocals are great. Longest song on album.  The song gets even better at 5 minutes in.

3 Over The Hills and Far Away - 9/10 - When the song really starts, it starts great. Great riff. Probably the weakest song on the album, but still a great song.

4 The Crunge - 9.3/10 - One of the best riffs on the album.  Have you seen the bridge? Shortest song on the album.

5 Dancing Days - 9.3/10 - The guitar is great.

6 D'yer Mak'er - 9.5/10 - Such a great song, starting at the beginning. Great vocals, and the guitar is just as good. The solo is good. Some of Led Zeppelin's best drumming. Its one of Led Zeppelin's most famous songs.

7 No Quarter - 10/10 - My absolute favorite Led Zeppelin song, even over Stairway to Heaven. The opening is great, with the guitar solo.  The entire song reminds me of the genre space rock. Slowest song on the album, but in a good way. The vocals are great. The entire song is as close to perfect as I've ever heard.

8 The Ocean - 9.8/10 - The song really takes a different direction from the previous song, No Quarter. The guitar and bass are great on this song. He used to sing on the mountains, until the mountains washed away. The riff is great. The whole song is great but the best part is the ending and the solo. It is such a good way to end a great album.

The average was 9.34(insert random numbers), but I added .3 to The Oceans score and decided to raise the entire score to a  9.5. It really doesn't get that much better then this album, this is also Led Zeppelin's best album.  
This album got the same score as the 10th Anniversary of Slipknot's self titled album, but that doesn't mean it is just as good. Houses of the Holy is far superior, I gave Slipknot's album extra points for the bonus songs that are even better then some of the songs on the album, the demos and the bonus live concert disk, I only watched it once, but it made it worth it even more. AND when I gave it a 9.5 I didn't use the average I just gave it a score that seemed about right. ALSO I lowered the scores slightly on each song because they are all so good and I didn't want the average to end up 9.9 or something ridiculous and so that I could see the difference between the top songs and the bottom songs (which even giving them a 1 point difference doesn't seem like enough)  
EDIT: I added .3 to dancing days score

No comments:

Post a Comment